The trainees of the Government ITIs are awarded the following scholarships:
- Merit scholarships at the rate of Rs. 250/- per month per trainee will be awarded to 40% of the sanctioned strength in each trade at every ITI on the basis of:
- The marks scored for internal test.
- Assessment of the sessional work, discipline and punctuality three months after admissions. If the number of trainees in any unit is less than the number of sanctioned seats, the merit scholarships shall be awarded in proportionate number.
- Financial Assistance Scheme at the rate of Rs. 600/- per month is awarded to the trainees eligible belonging to BPL, SC/ST categories and to the trainees whose family’s annual income is less than Rs. 3,00,000/- on the production of an income certificate issued by
(1) The concerned village Panchayat Secretary under the respective Panchayat area duly attested by the Sarpanch of the concerned village Panchayat or
(2) Chief Officers of the respective Municipal Council to the residents under their respective municipal council area or
(3) by the Mamlatdar of the concerned Taluka or
(4) The District Collector/Magistrate.
SC/ST category trainees are eligible to claim for respective trade related trainees tool kit at a max. Cost of Rs.2500/-(Rupees two thousand five hundred only) under FAS
RECOVERY OF AWARDS OF BELOW POVERTY LINE SCHOLARSHIP-:
- The Financial Assistance Scheme is liable to be cancelled for acts of indiscipline or for conduct unbecoming of the trainee of ITI. Director shall be the deciding authority.
- The trainee shall be liable to refund the amount of Financial Assistance Scheme if he/she discontinues the training during the course of the year for which the scholarship is awarded without valid reason.
Scholarships are awarded to the ITI trainees by the Department of Social Welfare in the form of free ships/Scholarships to certain categories of candidates. Scholarships are also awarded by the Education Department to the ITI trainees whose parents are teachers.
- The trainees of the Private ITIs are awarded the following scholarships: Sesa Private ITI awards merit scholarship to deserving trainees based on merit as well as on financial status of the family.
- Apart from this, the trainees belonging to certain categories admitted in all the Private ITIs are eligible to receive the scholarship offered by the Department of Social Welfare.