Training of Instructors
Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS)
Training of Craft Instructors is the mandated responsibility of DGT and It has been operational since the inception of the Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS). Comprehensive training both in skills and training methodology is imparted to the instructor trainees to make them conversant with techniques of transferring hands-on skills, to train skilled manpower for the industry.
During admissions in academic session 2018, it was assessed that about 14,000 ITIs with seating capacity of more than 28 lakhs and the skill ecosystem have more than 95,000 instructor positions. But, only about 15% of these are currently trained under CITS. NCVT has mandated that all trainers in ITIs need to be CITS trained. Present capacity in National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs) for training of trainers is 9403 per annum with total seating capacity being 12339 (including of govt. and pvt. ITOTs – 2936).
Under the Crafts Instructor Training Scheme programme, the eligible candidates are those who possess NTC / NAC / Diploma /Degree qualifications. Training in 27 Engineering trades and 9 non-engineering trades is being offered.
Training at National Skill Training Institute (Formerly Advanced/Craftsmen Training Institutes):
The candidates can specialize in various advanced industrial skills in NSTI located in the major cities of the country and functioning under Government of India. The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mode is also available for the candidates for online mode. For more information in this regard can be obtained from the Training cum Placement section at the Head Office of DSDE.
The National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD)
Is a premier organization of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India engaged in training, consultancy, research, etc. in order to promote entrepreneurship and Skill Development. The major activities of the Institute include Training of Trainers, Management Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Cluster Intervention. NIESBUD has provided training to 11,46,209 persons as of March 31, 2018 through 44,035 different training programmes since inception. This includes 4,384 international participants hailing from more than 141 countries throughout the globe. NIESBUD is an apex organisation working under the administrative control of the MSDE.
The major activities of the Institute include Training of Trainers, Management Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Cluster Intervention. The Core Objectives of the Institute are as follows:
- To standardize and systemize the processes of selection, training, support and sustenance of potential and existing entrepreneurs.
- To support and motivate institutions/organizations in carrying out training and other entrepreneurship development related activities.To serve as an apex national level resource institute for accelerating as well as enhancing the process of entrepreneurship development, to measure the impact of the same within different strata of the society.
- To provide vital information and support to trainers, promoters and entrepreneurs by organizing research and documentation activities relevant to entrepreneurship and skill development.
- To create a holistic environment to train the trainers, promoters and consultants in diverse areas of entrepreneurship and skill Development.
- To offer consultancy nationally/internationally for promotion of entrepreneurship and small business development at national and international level.
- To provide national/international forums for interaction and exchange of ideas for policy formulation and its refinement at various levels.
- To share experience and expertise in entrepreneurship development across national frontiers to create awareness on it at national level.
- To interchange international experience and expertise in the field of entrepreneurship development for mapping its development at international levels too.
For more details visit https://dgt.gov.in/CITS