Direct Admissions to Second Year in Polytechnic Institutes
Government of Goa has provided vertical mobility to the ITI passed candidates in pursuing their studies in the various fields corresponding to their trades through the seats remaining vacant in the Polytechnics in the state provided the trainees have passed the qualifying examination of two year trade courses i.e. ITI certificate after passing S.S.C from Industrial Training Institute in Goa under the Directorate of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship as per the criteria specified in the Prospectus of Directorate of Technical Education for admission to Polytechnic.
The details of seat allotted for ITI trainees are given below:
List of ITI trades recognized for eligibility to Diploma courses (Direct Second year)
|Sr. No.||ITI Courses||Diploma Courses||Total Seats Allotted for ITI trainees|
|1.||Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance, System maintenance , Mechanic R&TV, Medical Electronics, Electronic Mechanic, Instrument Mechanic, Electrician, Course under Centre of Excellence** (2years): Information Technology, Multiskilled Course in Electrical and Electronics***, Electrical Sector||Electrical & Electronics Engg.||1|
|Electronics & Communication||3|
|2.||Fitter, Turner, Machinist, RAC Mechanic, Mechanic (Motor vehicle) Draughtsman (Mechanical)* , Production & Manufacturing (2years) Course under Centre of Excellence*, Diploma in Multiskilled Industrial Technology (Mechanical) under S.C.V.T* Course under Centre of Excellence*(2years): Fabrication( Fitting & Welding)*, Automobile Sector||Automobile Engineering||1|
|Fabrication Technology & Erection Engg.||1|
|3.||Draughtsman Civil||Civil Engineering||5|
|4.||Hospitality Management (2years) Course under Centre of Excellence||Hotel Management & Catering Technology.||6|
*To be considered only for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
** Eligible for Diploma in Electronics & Communication only.
***Eligible for Diploma in Electrical Engineering /Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The eligible candidates should report to the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim and the Principals of the respective Polytechnics in the State for more information.
Training at National Skill Training Institute (Formerly Advanced/Craftsmen Training Institutes):
The candidates can specialize in various advanced industrial skills in NSTI located in the major cities of the country and functioning under Government of India. The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mode is also available for the candidates for online mode. For more information in this regard can be obtained from the Training cum Placement section at the Head Office of DSDE.
Apprenticeship Training in Specified Industries:
Conduct of Apprenticeship Training Programs in Specified Industries/Establishments, under the Apprentices Act 1961:
Trainees from Industrial Training Institutes, on completion of their respective National/State Council of Vocational Training (NCVT/SCVT) affiliated Trade courses, are eligible to be engaged as Apprentices, to undergo Designated/Optional Apprenticeship Trade-Training, offered by various Establishments covered under the Apprentices Act, 1961 on their shop-floor.
Such trainees are eligible to also avail of training-period rebate corresponding to the period spent while training in the Industrial Training Institutes and are required to undergo training, in the Establishments specified, only for the remaining Apprenticeship Training period in the corresponding Trade.
Trainees, so engaged as Trade Apprentices in the Establishments, are eligible to be paid a minimum monthly stipend, as per below-detailed guidelines notified by the Government of India:
- During the first year of Apprenticeship Training: Seventy percent of minimum wage payable to a semi-skilled worker of the concerned Trade, as notified by the respective State;
- During the second year of Apprenticeship Training: Eighty percent of minimum wage payable to a semi-skilled worker of the concerned Trade, as notified by the respective State;
- During the third year of Apprenticeship Training: Ninety percent of minimum wage payable to a semi-skilled worker of the concerned Trade, as notified by the respective State;
Although, as per above guidelines, the average rate of monthly stipend payable to an Apprentice works out to Rs.8,611/-, some Private Sector Establishments are already paying stipend, ranging from Rs.10,000/- to Rs. 12,000/- per month.
As an added incentive, a Scheme for Employment Assurance through Skill (SEATS), under which, the remaining component of the above cited stipend, ie: 30%, 20% and 10% of the minimum wage payable for a semi-skilled worker of that Designated Trade, in the first, second and third years of Apprenticeship Training respectively, would be reimbursed by the State Government, is also under active consideration for final approvals of the Competent Authorities.
Academic Equivalence to ITI Courses
- Those students who after passing Std VIII have completed a ITI course of 2 years duration from a recognized center and passed NCVT/SCVT examination with prescribed syllabus and on their own volition have appeared and passed the examination conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary education in the subjects: 1) Language –I 2) Language –II/ Language-III prescribed by the Goa Board shall be considered equivalent to have passed SSC Examination.
Students who complete a recognized a ITI course of one year duration and complete one year apprenticeship training or certified employment will also be extended the same facility.
- Those students who after passing Std X have completed a ITI course of two years duration from a recognized center and passed NCVT/SCVT examination will prescribed syllabus and on their own volition, have appeared and passed the examination conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in the subjects 1) Language I/ Communication Skill in English 2) Language-II prescribed by the Goa Board shall be considered equivalent to have passed H.S.S.C examination.
- For the above purpose the candidates have to register themselves as private candidate offering isolated subjects, who have passed SSC and completed ITI fulfilling other conditions as laid down at(2) above.
The Academic Council of Goa university at its recent meeting resolved to permit mobility to students who, after passing Std X, having completed the ITI Courses of two years duration which have Std X as the eligibility from recognized centers and pass the National/State Council of Vocational Training (NCVT/SCVT) examinations of prescribed syllabus and on their own volition have appeared and passed the examination conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Examination in the Subjects of English/Communication Skills for Std XII prescribed by the Goa Board.
The Eligibility for joining a particular program however would be decided based on earlier Circulars issued on the subject matter.
For details on Academic Equivalence to ITI courses contact nearest Govt. ITI or the Head Office.